What is Finger Toothbrush?
A finger toothbrush is a small set of soft cleaning bristles worn on the fingertip. Most finger toothbrush bristles are made of the pliable and easy to clean material silicone. Finger toothbrushes are often worn by people who are brushing teeth that are not their own to achieve maximum control and avoid causing tooth or gum injury.
The finger toothbrush is fitted onto the finger of the user so the person is able to gently clean the teeth and massage the gumline at angles that no rigid toothbrush would be able to achieve. Technicians in the health care and veterinary industry often use disposable finger toothbrushes to clean effectively the teeth of their patients without spreading infections.
What are the Benefits of Silicone Finger Toothbrushes for Children?
Silicone finger toothbrush is a toothbrush that delivers the unique benefits of soft silicone. This toothbrush is made up of safe and clean nontoxic silicone, contains silver nano and the negative ions released from bristles inhibit the bacteria, viruses and fungi. The majority of finger toothbrushes are simply flexible silicone sheaths that are slid on to the end of the index finger and stop before the second joint. A brush must fit snugly onto the fingertip to make sure it will not come off during use and become a choking hazard
- Helps teething by massaging sore gums
- Encourages your child to get used to their feeling of brushing
- Inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi
- Decrease the risk of bacterial and fungal infections
- Massages baby’s gums during teething
- Softer than nylon bristle
- Protects natural surface of the teeth from abrasion and the gums from recession
- Massages young children delicate gums while protecting the enamel layer on the surface of their teeth, strengthening the gums
- Provides interest in child to brush
- Silicone does not damage the skin rather it tends to develop a natural affinity with skin cells
- Ability to eliminate foreign substances and clean the scales
- Can be sterilized in boiling water or sterilizer
- Relieves sensitivity of teeth and tender gums
- A finger toothbrush made from thicker silicone protects the finger of the wearer from those who have a tendency to bight down during brushing
- Gives parents a more sensitive touch on their child’s tender gums
- Allows better access in hard to reach areas
- Very convenient to use
- hygienic and hypo allergic
- nontoxic and nitrosamine free
- free of BPA and PVC
- some varieties of finger toothbrushes come with carrying cases and ultraviolet sensitizing lights to kill bacteria during storage
How to Use Finger Toothbrush?
- Sterilize before use by immersing in boiling water 2-5 minutes.
- Wash your hands. Place finger toothbrush on index finger. Make sure finger fit5s snugly inside once put on
- Place small amount of tooth paste on bristles
- Use small circular motion to gently brush your baby’s tiny teeth and gums
- After use, wash in hot water with mild soap and rinse thoroughly with clear water
- Brush twice a day
- To prevent possible choking hazards inspect before and after each use and replace immediately if any signs of excessive wear appear. This toothbrush is not a toy so don’t allow your child to play with it
- To be used by adults only
- Wash before initial use
- Some finger toothbrush bristles are built into latex gloves so the brush stays on and the wearer and individual receiving the cleaning are both protected from contamination. Once the finger toothbrush is in place, the user simply applies gentle pressure with the bristles to clean the teeth and gums using a tight circular motion. This type of finger toothbrush is commonly used in healthcare department.